Saturday, March 1, 2008

I got new yarn today!

I finished that damn dossier for work Friday night, so I decided to treat myself to a little present to congratulate myself. What better way to treat myself than to indulge in some nice fluffy yarn. I went to VW, and lo and behold, there was the Mohair, all 20% off! I had no idea what I was going to do with Mohair because I had no projects in mind when I walked in, but sure enough, there I was with 12 balls of nice fluffy goodness. It's 1140 yards total, so it'll probably end up being a shawl someday. For now, I'll just cuddle with it.



That Damn Dossier is finally done. I can't believe New Mexico charges its teachers to write a portfolio in order to defend their jobs. What? A Master's degree isn't enough for ya? Furthermore, if they're going to make us do this, they should at least have enough money in the budget to pay the people reviewing me. Oh, wait, they don't because they keep giving the superintendents raises, which brings them to $260,000 per year while the rest of us struggle to pay bills on our meager $30,000 salary. I'm just being bitchy about this whole thing, but honestly, what other profession makes you defend your expertise every three years? They just don't have enough to do in that state office. Maybe I should go work for them, except I'd have to turn incompetent.

Best of luck to me,
Mrs. Reynolds

No comments: