Saturday, January 3, 2009

Stoup??

We saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button last night. Very neat movie. Go see it.

Today I took my butt to the grocery store to get food for the week. Put on my nice jeans and cute little boots, which made me feel better about myself. For some reason I felt a little thinner. Probably that half-hour walk I took yesterday.

Anyway, after planning my week's menu and making a list, and two hours later, our fridge was full again. My feet hurt though because cute boots does not always equal comfortable. Oh well, I'll take fashion over comfort any day. Please remind me that I said this when my feet are covered in bunions when I'm forty.
I decided to make Italian Sub "Stoup" for dinner. It's out of Rachael Ray's 365 No Repeats book, and I had seen her make it on her show. It's called stoup because "it's thinner than stew but thicker than soup!" I won't put the recipe here, but it has italian sausage, ham, pepperoni, green pepper, onion, and tomatoes. You're supposed to make garlic croutons and float them on top, but we're not big on soggy bread in soup in our house, so I just toasted some Italian garlic bread in the oven and we had it on the side. It smelled wonderful, and my dad said he could smell it cooking outside. The book said "it tastes like a giant Italian sub!" Our verdict?
Only if you think sandwiches taste like soup.

1 comment:

April said...

gotta love stoup!