1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
- Drove across the country with my mom. We laughed so hard so many times.
- Bought a house. It's fantabulous!
- I probably made some, but since I don't remember what they are now, I probably didn't keep them.
- I've made some this year and wrote them down (see yesterday's post), and I'm going to try to keep them this time.
- Katie (Mason)
- Amy (Savannah)
- Laura (Jenna)
- Shannon (Sadie)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
- No, thank God. 2006 was enough to last for a while.
5. What countries did you visit?
- None this year. Several in 2007 though. That was fun.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
- More time and better organization of my life. Oh, and more chocolate.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- January 19-Tim moved to Virginia
- February 14-Flew to VA to spend Valentine's Day with Tim. Saw my new apt for the first time
- March 26-Went to VA to spend Spring Break
- April-I don't really remember April
- May 23-moved to Virginia
- July 12-10 year reunion
- July 15-Bought a house
- August 19-Anniversary
- September 2-New job!
- October 5-Went to tea with mom at an estate in VA
- November 28-Moved into new townhouse!
- December 25-Spent the holidays with Tim's family in San Diego
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- Driving across the country and not getting lost.
9. What was your biggest failure?
- Not spending enough time with friends, either in person or on the phone
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
- Horrible tonsilitis I got from living in DC. I blame the handrails at the Metro.
- Fell over a Smartboard and bruised the hell out of my leg. This was November, and there's still a big purple spot and my knee crackles when I go up stairs.
- So, no. No big illness or injury, compared to what others go through.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
- Um...I don't know...
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
- The Democrats'. Seriously. Proposition 8? Abortion? You're voting for that??
14. Where did most of your money go?
- Rent and now mortgage
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- moving into my new house and having space for my stuff
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
- I have no idea. Lots of them, probably.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter?c) richer or poorer?
- a) happier
- b) fatter (unfortunately)
- c) poorer (but we have a house!)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
- Spent time with friends
- Gone to the gym
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
- Frivously spending money on crap I didn't really need
20. How did you spend Christmas?
- In San Diego with Tim's family
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
- No. I stayed in love.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
- I don't think I had one. The Golden Girls will always rule though. And Friends.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
- All of my stupid friends' husbands who have decided to go off the deep end with their marriages.
24. What was the best book you read?
- Sundays at Tiffany's
- The Christmas Swap
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
- That I still can't sing
26. What did you want and get?
- somewhere bigger to live
- a great job
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
- Brideshead Revisited
- I turned 28. Tim and I went to dinner at the Lebanese Taverna
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- Nothing. I'm pretty satisfied. Except maybe not gaining weight.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
- If it fits, wear it.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
- I don't particularly like celebrities or public figures. Except Sarah Palin had geat hair.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
- Um, let's see...the Election perhaps?
35. Who did you miss?
- Everyone in Albuquerque
36. Who was the best new person you met?
- Paige at work.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
- Life really is like a box of chocolates. You don't know what you're going to get! There have been so many changes this year, and there's always another one waiting around the corner.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
- "We live, we love, we forgive and never give up. 'Cause the days we are given are gifts from above, and today we remember to live and to love." "We Live" Superchick