Monday, April 14, 2008

Fiend or Friend?

I have become a knitting fiend over the past couple of weeks. I have finished 3 projects in the last 7 days. They are hats, nonetheless, but they are projects. I just posted the pictures on Ravelry last night.
The "Waiting for Summer Scarf" I was making has decided it wants to be a chemo cap instead. I frogged it Saturday night, and am just finishing the decrease rows before it's done too. I also finished the Stash Bustin' Hat, and the Helmetliner for Stitch for Senate.
I really need to finish the baby blanket for Katie, but it's boring me, so I keep putting it off. Maybe that's why I keep starting small projects. The baby blanket seems so daunting, that it makes me feel good to finish a project in one weekend. The baby is due this week, and the blanket is only half-finished. I'm trying to knit up some of the yarn I have in my stash before I move so I'm taking finished objects home instead of balls of yarn. It's working out, but there's so much knitting to do, it almost feels like a job! Luckily it's a fun job.
I have the second half of the hedgehog class this week. I'm really excited to finish that one. I think he will be so cute, and a nice addition to my classroom next year. I'm going to knit one for Michelle Clapsaddle too. They'd make great gifts:
*An LSU purple and yellow one for Kelli
*A gray and blue Air Force one for everyone I know in the AF
*A pink one for mom to keep in the tea room
*One for dad to keep in the Jeep
*A blue and orange one for Eva
So many hedgehogs, so little time!!

No comments: